Wednesday, July 29, 2009

reveals 2010 Roadster, opens NYC showroom

Tesla Motors has busy day: reveals 2010 Roadster, opens NYC showroom

Ever since DVICE first heard about the luxurious all-electric Tesla Roadster, I've been dying to get behind the wheel of one. Today I finally got my wish, taking the 2010 Roadster Sport for a spin on the streets of NYC as the company threw open the doors on its Manhattan showroom on West 25th St.

It was the first public showing of the Roadster Sport, which differs from the previous model only slightly. The gear shift has been replaced by an array of buttons, the iPod dock is in a more convenient spot, and there are a slew of extra options, including the carbon-fiber accents you see in the pics. It also goes from 0 to 60 in 3.7 seconds instead of 3.9. I wasn't looking at the spedometer as I rocketed down 11th Ave., but that felt pretty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment